Introduction and Topics, Deadlines and Program Committee
1. Introduction and Topics
The Workshop “Communicability Design and Evaluation in Cultural and Ecological Multimedia Systems” is a premier scientific meeting for discussing the latest advances in the areas of quality design, communication and semiotics, multimedia heuristics evaluation, education, cultural and natural heritage. All papers in the main track must be high quality original papers which address important issues in multimedia and communicability design in cultural and ecological heritage, summarization and retrieval including, but not limited to:
- Cultural and natural heritage: accessibility for all.
- Design and storage of multimedia cultural heritage.
- Heuristic evaluation of interactive systems.
- Indexing and search of multimedia data: images, video, audio, multi-modal, computer graphics and computer animation, etc.
- Interfaces for tourism: communications strategies.
- Learning and relevance feedback in multimedia.
- Methods, techniques and metrics of quality for multimedia applications on-line and/or off-line.
- Multimedia applications: Web 2.0, tourism office, museums, E-commerce, E-book, E-government, video games, etc.
- User-Centered Design: local and international design.
All Submitted papers will be reviewed by a double-blind (at least three reviewers), non-blind, and participative peer review. These three kinds of review will support the selection process of those that will be accepted for their presentation at the workshop. Authors of accepted papers who registered in the workshop can have access to the evaluations and possible feedback provided by the reviewers who recommended the acceptance of their papers, so they can accordingly improve the final version of their papers. Non-registered authors may not have access to the reviews of their respective submissions.
Francisco V. Cipolla Ficarra (Chair)
Nohema Aldana-Salcido (Secretariat)
ALAIPO: Asociación Latina Interacción Persona-Ordenador –Latin Association of HCI (www.alaipo.com) and AINCI: Asociación Internacional de la Comunicación Interactiva –International Association of Interactive Communication (www.ainci.com). Address: Via Pascoli, S. 15 (7) - 24121 (Bg) Italy. Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
PD. If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with REMOVE in the subject line. Thanks.
2. The events have the following deadlines
Papers Submissions: 07.28.2008 - 11:59 pm EST, 2008
Authors Notification: 07.30.2008
Camera-ready, full papers: 08.01.2008
3. Program Committee:
- Francisco V. Cipolla Ficarra (Chair)
- Nohema Aldana-Salcido (México – Secretariat)
- Miguel Cipolla-Ficarra (Ainci & Alaipo)
- Arturo Colorado-Castellary (Spain)
- Paloma Díaz-Pérez (Spain)
- Leda Digión (Argentina)
- Luis Fernández-Martínez (México)
- Daniela Fogli (Italy)
- Daniel Giulianelli (Argentina)
- Carola Jones (Argentina)
- Marilú Lebrón-Vázquez (USA)
- Jorge Montoya-Pardo (USA)
- Isidro Moreno-Sánchez (Spain)
- Emma Nicol (United Kingdom)
- Rafael Pastor-Vargas (Spain)
- Kaisa Väänänen-Vainio-Mattila (Finland)
- Pablo Villarreal (Argentina)